In 1875 on the borders of the village a system of channels was began to be built that collected spilled water. Near the village were many areas of water that had different names. These were mostly small lakes, which had for example the following names: Kula-tó (Lake Kula), Erdő-tó (Lake Forest), Kerek-tó (Circular pond), Forris-tó (Lake, spring), Han-tó (Lake Han). In the eastern part of the village flowed a rivulet called Gyócs, which eventually disappeared. The water wasn’t only a helper always, but also an enemy. Since 1665 at intervals of 10 to 20 years the whole Rye island was affected by floods. In 1799, after the floods in the village was so cold that even the fountains were frozen. In addition to natural disasters have destroyed the village there were various epidemics, as well. Since 1681, the village have had a separate seat of Reformed Churches. About 100 years later, in 1784 on the foundations of believers built a new wooden church, which served for the believers. The first written mention of the village school dates from 1867. It is a list of names of students. In 1859, Mr. János Bogyai with his wife Julianna Bartalos started to build the Roman Catholic church, which was later renamed for residents chapel, which is still used for worship. In 1925, the Reformed Church wascompleted with its impressive exterior. A wild pear tree is an interest thing in the village cemetery which was planted in memory of the epidemics in 1700. In the second half of the 15th century, during the rule of Matthias Corvin, who often hunted in the confines of the village, was created the legend of the pocket knife of Mad (so called madi bicsak). King Matthias had loved so much this region that the in the confines of the village on the Forest Hill (so called Erdődomb) was built a hunting house. During one of their many hunts they chased a beautiful deer. The deer, however, disappeared from the sight of royal hunters. King decided to have a rest under a mighty oak. While resting and eating, the beautiful deer has suddenly appeared, whereupon King Matthias and his march-past have sat onto their horses and they have left everything under the tree, Ieaving knives stuck in the tree. While the king and his hunters were chasing the deer, two people from Mad discovered the knifes under the tree. They thought that the tree produces knives. They found the knives with red and green handle. Two brothers-in-law picked up the knives and ran to the village to report the strange event. Then villagers often went to the tree to see with their own eyes the birth of another knife. Although, year after year went by, another knives haven’t been born. Angry villagers cut down the huge tree. During one of his huntings at King Matthias noticed that his huge favourite tree had been cut down, he began to curse the villagers, and left village. Later, the villagers started to produce famously charming knives themselves. This art of knife was passed on from generation to generation. Nowadays knives are produced by two masters: Stefan Bartalos and Dezider Németh. Every year a ball of the knives of Mad (so called Madi Bicsakbiil) is organized. At the front gates of the cemetery grateful people of the village have built a memorial to the local heroes, who had fallen in the I. and in the II. World War. On the street Kostolná is located a country house with a cane attic. It is a farmhouse with fireplace, built in 1813 and is considered to be a local artistic sight. After the II. World War huge changes happened in Mad, as well. Such a change was cooperative movement in 1952, when arable lands, lands, pastures and animals were given away from the local owners, and a period ofjoint management started. Municipal boundary is made up of 771 hectares of land. Since 1950 the village of Mad belonged to the administrative neighboring village of Dolný Bar. After the events of 1989, the village became independent again. In 1998, agricultural cooperative disappeared. After this Agrikolt Ltd. company was created. The village was electrified in 1955, gasification was completed in 1996, water supply is since 2006.